Photo Adventure with Smithsonian/Time-Life photographer Layne Kennedy.
This great trip has a dogsledding itinerary similar to our 4-night trips and includes an extra 5th day of van travel to area sites of scenic & historic interest for photoshoots. Woven through it is a running clinic on outdoor photography facilitated by Layne Kennedy of Superior/Gunflint Photography Workshops. Layne is one of the best in his business (and you'll love his infectious humor!). His work regularly appears in Smithsonian, LIFE, Outside, and National Geographic publications. (He photographed our Greenland trek for a Smithsonian Magazine cover story.)
This trip has been a perennial favorite at Wintergreen for guests and staff alike for many years and was featured on CBS. Visit Layne's website (workshop page) and enjoy the great pics that have resulted from these trips at www.laynekennedy.com
Questions? Call us anytime (218) 349-6128
For remaining openings, click "BOOK ONLINE" below:
- Enjoy "mushing" a team of our friendly Eskimo dogs on a variety of beautiful trails
- 3 days of guided dogsledding plus a day of visits to area scenic & historic sites for photo ops
- Photo shoots while sledding and skill clinics at the lodge offered each day by Layne Kennedy
- Lodging involves nights at either or both Wintergreen and Timber Trail Lodges
- Private single or double bedrooms as needed, private bathrooms
- Indoor lunch 1st & last day; campfire trailside picnic lunches on other days, plus snack & beverage breaks
- Dinners prepared & plated for individual service by our Wintergreen chef and staff cooks
- Evening socializing at the fireplace or slide talks by Layne on a variety of topics
- Chance to try snowshoeing, skiing, "ski-jouring" and our Finnish sauna
- A special welcoming dinner on your first night and send-off breakfast on the final "Musher's Graduation" morning
2024 Trip Dates
pm Sun Feb 11, 2024, to am Fri Feb 16, 5 nights
- $1975, all-inclusive package rate, per adult for pairs in double room with private bath. Singles needing private adjoining hotel room $250 more.
- $100 off for ages 12-17
Check-in 4-6 p.m., check out 9-11 a.m.
Layne sends out a pre-trip packet that outlines the types of cameras, photo equipment and cold-weather care (batteries/cases/straps, etc.) that work best for this trip. But you don't need top-of-the-line gear, some guests shoot with hundred-dollar digital cameras. Film camera buffs are welcome but we're unable to develop the film in time for the final evening slide show. Need more photo info? Just email Layne at
Wintergreen is a featured destination among Nikon Photo’s Mentor Worldwide Photo Workshop Treks. We're a global photogenic hotspot.